light bulb

How do I file an appeal?

Legally reviewed by Brendan Garcia , Owner and Lead Attorney

If you have a denial or other decision issued by a VA Regional Office, then you need to file either a Notice of Disagreement (NOD), or VA Form 9, depending on the type of decision. If you have a final decision issued by the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, then you will need to file a Notice of Appeal with the Clerk of Court at the Court of Appeals for Veterans.